1. Turn ON: Firmly, “press and hold” the power button for two seconds.
2. Turn OFF: Firmly, “press and hold” the power button for four seconds. System will turn off approximately five seconds later.
1. With the phone facing down, insert fingernail into the back cover cutout and gently but firmly lift and remove the back cover.
2. Insert the removable battery making sure that the three gold connectors are lined up to the phone gold connectors.
3. Put the back cover back in place, press down along all the edges of the phone, every time there is a clicking sound, the back cover is being secured in place.
4. Connect the USB-Type-C side of the cable to the Schok Classic USB Type-C connector.
5. Connect the USB side (Larger connector) of the cable to the wall charger USB port.
6. Connect the phone wall charger to the electric outlet.
7. Charge your device for at least two hours.
TIP: Although your phone arrives pre-charged, a good practice dictates that prior to the first time of operation, let the battery charge for at least two full hours.
WARNING! Use only approved chargers. Incompatible chargers could damage your phone and void the warranty. Never leave the phone charging for more than eight hours.
1. With the phone facing down, insert fingernail into the back cover cutout, gently but firmly lift and remove the back cover. (See step 2)
2. Remove the battery by inserting the fingernail at the bottom of the battery. It is marked “Pull/Jale” and lift the battery out.
3. Locate the slot for the Nano SIM card. To unlock, using your fingernail, slide down and carefully lift the SIM card metal lid.
4.- With the metal lid opened, insert the SIM card, positioning on top of the Sim card space (Angled cut of the SIM card must be facing the top left angled space of the SIM card space).
5.- Close the metal lid and slide it up to secure the SIM card in place.
6. To insert or remove a Micro SD Memory Card please repeat number one and number two of this list.
7. Locate the slot for the micro SD card (Located at the top right side of the phone, besides the three battery gold connectors)
8. Using your fingernail, slide the metal lid to the right and lift it. This will unlock the Micro SD Card tray. Place the Micro SD card in place and lock the metal lid by sliding it to the left.
By pressing the 4-way directional Navigation key you can scroll and select items. Think of it as a compass in which you have UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT. When the item is selected, simply press the OK / Execute Key.
The soft key is an APP driven multi-function key that allows when available to select certain applications or commands at either the left or the right bottom of the display.
The Status Bar shows the phone vitals such as, battery level, signal strength, time and notifications such as alarms, calendar events and other open events.
To open Notifications, from the home screen simply press down the Navigation key.
To make a phone call from the Home Screen, simply input the number and press the OK/Execute button to initiate the call.
To make a phone call from anywhere in the system of the Schok Classic simply press the Back key until the Home Screen is reached. Input the number and press the OK/Execute button to initiate the call.
To make a phone call from the contact list. Scroll down the list using the Navigation key. Find the contact and press the Call button.
If the phone is closed and begins to ring, the caller ID will tell you who is calling. Simply flip (open) the phone and automatically the call will be answered.
If the phone is opened and begins to ring, the caller ID will tell you who is calling. press the Call/Send Key to answer the call.
To End or Reject a phone call, simply press the END key.
The Schok Classic has the ability to automatically create a recent phone list of calls either accepted, missed or dialed. This list is constantly been updated by the new phone calls, deleting the oldest entries.
From the home menu, press the Call/Send Key and use the Navigation key to scroll left or right to display the records by call type: Missed calls, Received calls, Dialed Calls, All Calls.
All calls displays the date, time and the phone number. If the phone number is already added to the address book (Contact) it will include different icons to indicate the type of number.
If there is the need to get more information from an specific recent phone, choose from the following options:
1. Press Left Soft key to send a message.
2. Press OK/Execute key to view more call information.
3. Press Right Soft key to open the options page, showing:
Add to contacts: Save the caller’s number as new contact
Delete: Delete the phone record.
Delete multiple: Select the records you want to delete.
Lock: Block or unblock calls from the marked phone number
Add to call rejection: Save the number to a call rejection list
Silence the phone when needed. From the Home Screen do the following:
1. Press and hold the Volume down key for vibration mode only.
2. Press the Volume down key one more time for Alarms only.
3. Press the Volume down key one more time for All sounds off.
To return to normal please press and hold Volume up until desired volume is reached.
If you are on a phone call and you receive another phone call the Schok classic will beep that you have another person calling you. The caller ID will work during the call and let you know who is calling.
If you want to put the current call on hold and answer the new phone call, simply Press the Call/Send key.
If you want to return to the first phone call, press the Call/Send key again
To do a three-way phone call, while on the first call, press the Right Soft Key (Options), select New Call and dial the phone number of the second party.
When the second party answers the phone, press the Right Soft Key (Options), then press the 2 Key to merge the call.
Completely block the internet and data access. Go to settings, Scroll down, select Internet and Data control lock. Click OK.
The default password is 0000. It will open a sub-menu with three options.
WIFI: With the option off or on (By default is ON, means WIFI is ON)
Data: With the option off or on (By default is ON, means Data is ON)
Change pass-code: (to change the 0000 password to any other number
NOTE: If the new password is lost, the phone has to be reset and all information will be lost
At the same time, press and hold the Volume down key and the Power ON/OFF End Key for two seconds to capture the current screen.
From the Home Screen click OK/Execute to open the installed applications and click OK/Execute on Media Center.
Scroll down to “File Manager” and click OK/Execute. Click OK/Execute either on Phone or SD card and scroll down to Pictures.
Click OK/Execute on the folder named Screenshots.
The Schok Classic has the ability to save contact information in its memory. To do this, follow the next steps:
1.From the Home Screen, press the Left soft key to open the Contacts app.
2. Press the Right soft key (Options)
3. Press the OK key or the number 1 to add a New contact.
4. Using the Keypad add the name of the contact.
5. Using the Navigation key, press down to the phone number field and enter the phone number.
6. Using the Navigation key, press down or up to enter information to other address book fields.
7. Press the OK key to save the entry
You can add up to three (3) emergency entries that are already in your address book. To add them, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to contacts (From the Home Screen, press Contacts)
2. Navigate to ICE (In case your emergency) and press the OK key
3. Choose the ICE entry that you want to use. Then press the OK key.
4. Navigate to the desired contact and press the OK key.
The Schok Classic has a built-in message app which allows to send messages. Depending of the type of message you can attach either pictures, sounds, business cards, voice recordings and even videos.
1.Navigate to the Home Screen pressing the OK key. Then, press the Right soft key to open Message.
2. Navigate to Options by pressing the Right soft key (Options)
3. Using the Navigation key select New message
4. Click the OK key on New message.
5. Select To: by pressing the OK Key.
6. Using the Navigation key scroll down or up to choose the contact that you want to send the message to, press the OK key to select it.
7. Click the Left Soft Key (Done)
8.Using the Navigation key scroll down to “input Text”
9. Using the Keypad, write your message. Click the OK key to send when done.
To view conversation threads, simply use the Navigation key to select a
conversation, click the OK key to view it.
The Schok classic has a built-in internet browser that can do the majority of things that you can expect from a smartphone browser. To use it its extremely simple.
From the Home Screen, press the OK/Execute key and using the Navigation key scroll to the application “Browser”
Click the OK/Execute key on the Browser app. (Wait 5 seconds)
Using the Navigation key move the black arrow to whatever you want to select, click the OK key to execute the command.
If what you want is to go to a specific web address, navigate the black arrow to the “Search or type URL” at the top of the browser.
Immediately after, using the keypad, write the desired webpage to visit.
Tips for correct use of keyboard and special characters:
The @ symbol and “.” can be located by long pressing the “#” symbol on the keypad.
To insert a space press the “0” key.
To enter and uppercase character, press the “*” (Star) key.
To erase any text or number simply press the Back key.
After writing the full web address, for example; “www.schokgear.com” press the OK Key to execute the command.
Tabs. Press the Left Soft Key (Tabs) to view your open “Tabs.”
History. The phone has the ability to reload the previously visited web pages. Press the Right Soft Key (Options) and scroll to the desired web page.
Bookmark. Press the Right Soft Key (Options), scroll down to “Bookmark” Scroll to the desired webpage and click the OK Key to execute.
Top. This is a very important feature. If you are browsing a web page and you want to get to the top of the site, press the Right Soft Key (Options) and scroll down to “Top”, press the OK Key to execute.
Fast Scrolling. Press and hold the Navigation Key to quickly move the black arrow up and down on the web page.
Tip: By pressing and holding the OK Key on a web page, you can use the scroll page function to scroll the webpage.
Something completely unique about the Schok Classic is the ability to use one key for different things. We call this, the Schok Multi-Function Key.
By default, if you do a short press click to the multi-function key it will open up the Camera App.
However, if you want the Multi-Function key to open a different app, you can easily change this by following these steps:
From the Home Screen press the OK Key and then using the Navigation key scroll to Tools & Settings.
Within Tools & Settings scroll down to Settings and click the OK Key.
In Settings scroll down to Multi-Function Key and click the OK Key.
In the Multi-Function key menu there is going to be a list of all the Apps that you can use with this button.
By default the Camera App will say “On” and the rest of the Apps will say “OFF”.
For example, to change the Multi-function key from the Camera App, to the Calculator App, simply scroll down the list of Apps and highlight the Calculator App, click the OK Key. This will turn “ON” Calculator and Turns “Off” the Camera app from the Multi-Function Key.
Now, by pressing the Multi-Function key the system will open the Calculator App instead of the Camera App.
NOTE: The Camera App as well as all other Apps are always available in the Menu List. From the Home Screen, click the OK Key to enter the Menu List, then Scroll to Camera and click the OK Key.
Inside any App, by pressing the Multi-Function key for more than one second, it will bring a virtual Mouse that can be controlled by the Navigation Key, and its used to select objects that were created for touch panel devices.
This unique feature is very handy for certain Apps that cannot work with traditional phones.
1. From the Home Screen, click the Schok multi-function key. It will open the Camera app.
2. If your Multi-Function key is configured by other App. Please go to MENU and scroll to the Camera App, Click the OK key.
Taking a Picture: To take a photo, point the lens towards the object and click the OK key. Your picture will be saved automatically to the Gallery App. Click the Left Soft Key to open the Gallery App.
Zoom In & Out: When pointing the lens towards the object, click the Left or Right Navigation key to Zoom in and Zoom out.
TIP: By clicking the Right Soft Key (Options) you can access a menu to adjust your camera such as; Auto Review, Self-Timer, Size, Shutter sound and Storage (Storage option is only available if you have a memory card installed).
To take a SELFIE:
Open Camera App
Close phone lid
Use secondary display as viewfinder
Click Volume Down key to take the picture.
Gallery: Shows all the pictures taken and stored in your Schok Classic.
1. From the Home Screen, press the OK Key to open the Menu.
2. Using the Navigation Key, scroll to Gallery and click the OK Key.
3. Using the Navigation Key, choose the picture that you want to open and click the OK Key.
4. Pressing the Right Soft Key (Options) you can access a menu to Crop, Delete, Details, Send or Set as Wallpaper or Contact photo.
5. Pressing the Left Soft Key (Guide) will open a pop-up window to access, Full Screen view, Rotate (left), Rotate (right) and Zoom in and out. In order work on a pop-up window please use the numbers that appear on each option.
Simply click the "#" key. The symbols screen will appear.
Scroll down until you find the ENTER logo.
Click the OK on top.
There you go!
Open Camera App
Close phone lid
Press Volume down for three seconds
Wait three seconds for the view finder to appear.
Use secondary display as viewfinder
Click Volume Down key to take the picture.
Back / Clear Key: One Click returns to the previous menu, keep clicking, will take you to the Home Screen.
Back Cover: Protects internals, access battery, SIM and Memory card.
Battery: (Hardware) Give power to device.
Call / Send Key: Answer/make phone calls. Long press access call history.
Camera: (Hardware) Location of actual Camera.
Charger Port: (Hardware) Location of charging/sync port.
Earpiece: (Hardware) Allows the other caller to be heard.
Headset Jack: (Hardware) Allows to connect a 3.5mm hands-free headset.
Keypad Lock: Long pressing keypad will be locked or unlocked.
Main Display: Shows notifications, features, messages and active functions.
Microphone: (Hardware) Transmits voice to the other party during a call.
Multi-Function Key: Short Click turns on the camera app. Can be changed to any other app installed in the device. Long pressing it turns on the virtual mouse.
Navigation Key: Can scroll through all the menus and apps of the device.
Numeric Keypad: Used to enter numbers, alphabetical text and shortcuts.
OK / Execute Key: Used to select options, select apps and execute actions.
Power ON/Off/ End Key: Turns device ON/Off, ends calls, exits menus.
SD Card: (Hardware) Slot for a micro SD Card. 64GB maximum.
Secondary Display: (Hardware) Displays messages, notifications and time.
SIM card: (Hardware) Slot for a Nano SIM card.
Soft Keys: allows when available to select certain applications or commands.
Speaker: (Hardware) Allows to hear the emitted sounds from your device.
Volume Keys: (Hardware) Allows to adjust the volume up or down.